Saturday, June 20, 2015

Early vs. Beginning Coders

An excerpt:
When I was working on Learn Python The Hard Way I was frustrated by how often I’d have to explain that the book is for a total beginner. The problem is that most of the technology world considers someone with about two programming languages under their belt a “beginner”, but learning two programming language would take you about 4-6 months. After 6 months you can’t really say someone is a beginner since, well, 6 months later is not the beginning. The beginning of something is…I mean why do I have to say this…at the beginning. Not 6 months later.
Read more at Zed Shaw.

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .