Sunday, July 1, 2012

89 Business Cliches That Will Get Any MBA Promoted And Make Them Totally Useless

A couple of my favorites:

  • It’s a paradigm shift = I don’t know what’s going on in our business. But we’re not making as much money as we used to.  
  • I’m a team player/we only hire team players = I hope everyone on the team thinks this is a meritocracy, even though I’m the dictator in charge  
  • Let’s circle back to that/Let’s put that in the parking lot/let’s touch base on that later/let’s take this off-line = Shut up and let’s go back to what I was talking about  
  • We need to manage the optics of this = How can we lie about this in a way people will believe?  
  • That’s not our core competency/we’re sticking to our knitting = We’re just glad we’re making money in one business, because we’d have no clue how to get into any other business  
  • It’s the old 80-20 rule = I really have no idea what the rule was, but I just want to focus on the things that will make us successful

Read the rest in the Forbes article. (Thanks, Jamie!)


This is 21 Blue Jaguars #1,500 post over the past 6 years!

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .