Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who is Ryan Allis?


I first heard about Ryan in a Business Week magazine article in 2005, and later I found his 20 Most Important Lessons Learned in Business. I love reading that kind of stuff. You can read it here.

He visited Duke last year and I heard him speak -- and this year I met him again at an event he hosted at his house called "The Entrepreneur & Social Entrepreneur Meetup". It's open to all.

I admire his transparency. On his website, he will expose all of his business practices. He genuinely wants to help potential entrepreneurs. Check out his site here. It's helpful for everyone, especially if you are considering incorporating your business or looking for funding.

(Turns out his site is the top search result on Google for "entrepreneurship". Sweet.)

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .