Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Maureen Dowd -- Brilliant NY Times Op-Ed Columnist

In October '05, Maureen Dowd wrote a fantastic article about traditional feminists versus new age women. In the past two years, I've passed this article along many dozen times.

I've never felt compelled to participate in the "feminist" cause. I feel as if acknowledging discrimination limits me -- I don't want to view myself as disadvantaged.

Apparently, I'm not alone; many females in my generation have a similar view. Ironically, by not supporting the feminist cause, we are letting the advances by "old school" feminists atrophy. It's a great article, and it resonates with most people I've shared it with. You can access it here.

On a lighter note, Maureen Dowd let Stephen Colbert pick up her pen for her most recent NY Times column. It made me laugh -- you can find it here.

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .