Monday, January 12, 2015

Women in Business Q&A: Jane Park, CEO of Julep Beauty

Many thoughtful responses in here. One of my favorites:
How has your previous employment experience aided your position at Julep? Working as a strategy consultant at BCG gave me the unique opportunity to develop my own voice because I got to see so many leaders of Fortune 500 companies up close. With every new project, I worked with a new team, so I got a clean slate where I got to try on different strategies for communicating, collaborating, and getting things done. I think this kind of opportunity is especially important for women and minorities who may not feel an immediate sense of comfort in corporate environments. I know that I struggled with how to talk, what to talk about, and I felt like I couldn't just be myself when I first started out in the work world. I was ultimately able to find an effective AND authentic work voice because I had exposure to so many different styles, and I got so many chances to try something new to add to my toolkit.
Read more in HuffPo.

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .