Monday, November 17, 2014

Executive Women, Finding (and Owning) Their Voice

Four chief executives describe the importance of taking stands, and of making sure they’re heard. One gem:
"Stand up for what you believe in...you have to take a stand. You have to be able to look yourself in the mirror and say: 'This aligns with my values. This aligns with my opinion of who I want to be, and my personal legacy.' A lot of women allow things to happen because they worry that if they take a stand, it's going to derail them. But if you don't take a stand, it is going to derail you personally, because you're not going to be able to look yourself in the mirror and say, 'This is who I am.' I think it impacts your authenticity."
Check out the neat interactive article in the NYT. Thanks, Caryn

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .