Saturday, March 12, 2011

My problem with “Just Say No”

Dan Ariely just wrote another Admitting to another irrationality post called My own worst enemy: procrastination and self-control. Check out this section:
...My friends Gal Zauberman and John Lynch, who have done research on this topic, recently gave me some interesting advice. They suggested that I imagine every single event I’m asked to attend will occur exactly four weeks from the present. With this exact schedule I mind, I should then ask myself whether I find it important enough to squeeze it in or cancel something else. If the answer is “yes,” then I should accept the invitation; but if my answer is “no,” I should pass. This is easier said than done, and I have not yet been able to consistently cultivate this frame of mind, but I am starting to adapt this mindset...
Also, Ariely made the McKinsey Quarterly! (Thanks, Jamie!)


This was the 1,000 Blue Jaguars post!

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .