Sunday, November 1, 2015

9 Reasons Why Quitting My Job to Move to Paris Was a Good Career Move

My favorite reason was #4:
4. I built an entirely new (and incredibly random) network. 
When I arrived in Paris, I was match-made with various friends-of-friends who lived there, but I also made an effort to meet people on my own. Whereas I once relied on the name game (“Where did you go to school? Oh, do you know so-and-so…”) to contextualize new acquaintances, the old criteria seemed irrelevant in my new setting. It was more like, “Oh, you’re a 70-year-old Romanian astrologer? Perfect. Let’s be friends.” 
Read more in MM La Fleur.

Thanks, +Anu Parvatiyar 

Why Women Aren’t C.E.O.s, According to Women Who Almost Were

"It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition and deeply rooted barriers." Read more in the NYT .